so i guess this is the end to 10 years of the singaporean education system. i never really thought it’d end the way it did, but im glad it has, nonetheless.
baccalaureate (i know i’ve spelt this wrongly in a million other places like my facebook album title haha) 2007 was in many ways, memorable. to be honest, i didnt really make alot of friends in jc. because in jc, everyone sort of sticks with the people they already know. and i must say that perhaps i couldve done alot more to make more friends within the class.
still, i bought stuff for everybody in class. and whether or not they’ll remember me for the loacker biscuit and googly eyeballs i give them, really doesnt matter. although im not too particularly satisfied with the couple of people who havent thanked me for it or thanked me with a grumpy scowl, as if i had owed them a present from 5 christmases ago.
anyway, i sang the school song out loud for the first time in a long time, for the last time. and sang out every song played during chapel. i turned to my left once, to check if ronald was doing anything funny, and caught zhong khoo singing along during chapel as well. but when he saw me turning, his mouth froze and he proceeded to pretend like there was no way in hell that he was doing anything possibly as uncool as singing along.
our last pre-assembly camwhoring…
and then we spent a good hour camwhoring with the people we hung out with in the concourse after the service. joel was trying his hardest to look the tallest in every single picture we took. great successs!
maybe when he goes to army he’ll fall in love with his standard combat boots because it makes him an extra inch taller, and he’ll never want to take it off ever again haha.
i stood so far away cos i was quite afraid that he might lose his balance and tip over onto me haha.
does renard always have to look like that
haha finally, the bunch of sc2 void deckers
and with miss too, who made me her bitch for 2 years, but i must say she has rewarded me well -a 10 dollar popular voucher which i will spend on gp model essay books for the A levels.
and i shall be eternally grateful for such an awesome gp teacher!
and my favourite picture of them all,
2 years have indeed passed mightily fast. ironically, while i really really wanted to come here, i almost didnt. because
1. i thought i’d be a complete loser here
2. i thought i was too stupid to make a single point l1r5
3. i knew people here, and they werent very nice, so like point no 1, they might make me look like a complete loser
nonetheless i made the decision to come, and i’ve never regretted it.
ac orientation saw me being placed in the OG ithilien, with half of its members being carted off to different schools since.
1SC2 first 3 months -very SJI dominated
funorama prepwork was pretty productive, yet we had the time to apply mascara on joel because he asked what it felt like to have make up on.
which was a ball of fun, except for the rain.
and a class pizza party at melinda’s house,
which got wilder than we expected haha
some mass media conference at NP that we went for fun
random outings to coffeeclub for mudpie!
haha i realise i have alot of unglam pictures of melinda
cassy’s super 17th birthday party at hard rock!
which i hope she never regrets having because it was really fun!
to the zoo in december!
obviously i wasnt so good at it, because now you would realise that my arm does look unproportionate there. but i shouldve been good enough at it for you not to realise that the picture was doctored the first time i posted it here.
SJI 2007 at shaun’s orchard apartment
valentines day 2007
the most memorable one of all (:
didnt take much pictures because we were too busy ponning lessons and enjoying the atmosphere in the void deck. and of course, eating away.
cny visting at cassy’s house!
weijoe playing badminton in jeans, and cursing at the racket for holes every time he misses the ball haha.
getting my eye busted while running after a shuttlecock hahaha
and its famous ‘chalice’ picture, as named by ronald hahah
WAP at tan tock seng
which was really good apart from the fainting incident, which still haunts me in the form of jokes and yes, blood itself. but that gives me a very good excuse not to want to study like hell to become a doctor.
and so these are just about all the pictures i could find. i cant believe i took 2 hours to type out this entry. but its going to be up here for a very long time, possibly until after As.
in summary, 10 things that sum up 2 years in ACJC
1. the toilet auntie on the 6th floor hates it when you wash your hands and wet the sink top, take too much tissue and choke up the toilet bowl, step on a freshly mopped floor, etc.
doing any of these will cause her to errupt into a bout of offensive hokkien comments about your poor upbringing and lack of respect for toilets.
2. going to the mat stall with a malay friend gives you (automatically added) extra ingredients and the best looking stingray out of the lot. the auntie even lets you keep the change if you dont have enough coins.
3. taking the lift with a bunch of people after pe is not funny
4. choose the right seats in class.
fight, if you need to.
5. the library is most conducive when there are no j1s, pdaing couples, or people playing pictionary.
6. when you lose a bet, just offer to buy teh ping. its cheap and good, unfortunately for ronald, who has expensive taste haha.
7. the library, cafe and toilets are best places to take refuge in the event that that the barber visits.
8. remember to check whether the bench that you’ve chosen in the void deck gives way when you lean backwards. be more vigilant if you are wearing a skirt.
9. i dont care if you are wearing shorts. sit properly.
10. the words fightclub, multistorey carpark and forever united CKS are as forbidden in school as the word bomb in an airport.